This is by far the best way to start the morning! I love waking up and grabbing these on the go! They are the perfect snack to give you protein and energy for early mornings!
The recipe is as follows:
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almond butter (you could also use peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of dates (if added, blend mixture in food processor instead of stirring)
- Toppings: Shredded Coconut (coat outside of energy ball), cocoa powder
1. Mix the ingredients in a stir until combined. Roll into balls and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours as it is better chilled.