These taquitos make the perfect dinner! Feel free to add vegan cheese as it tastes amazing with cheese as well!
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 white or yellow diced onion
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 can of drained black beans (15 oz or 425g)
1 can of chopped mild green chilies (4 oz or 113g)
1/2 cup corn
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 chili powder
1/4 cup chunky red salsa
9-10 corn tortillas
Fresh lime juice
1. Heat a large skillet and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread a baking sheet with coconut oil or foil.
2. When the skillet is hot, add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Add salt and pepper and saute for 4-5 mins.
3. Add black beans, green chilies, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and red salsa. Stir to combine, mashing a few of the black beans in the process. Cook for 2-3 mins then remove from the heat.
4. Fill the tortillas with 2-3 tbsp of the mixture. Wrap the tortillas up and place seam down on the baking sheet and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 15-18 mins or until crispy. Garnish with salsa and guacamole.
Featured Image: Angie Mcgowan
Image: (Pink Troll Kitchen)