This gingersnap recipe is amazing for any night as a quick dessert! This especially works for occasions such as Christmas for a nice gingerbread tasting treat.
MAKES 16-20 COOKIES
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 cup vegan shortening (Crisco) or vegan margarine
2/3 cup evaporated cane juice sugar or granulated sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
3 tbsp plant-based milk
1/4 cup molasses
1. Whisk together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
2. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the shortening, 2/3 of the cane/granulated sugar, and the brown sugar for about 2 minutes.
3. Reduce speed to medium-low and add milk and molasses, mix until smooth.
4. At low speed, add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time until soft dough forms. Place into a 9-inch long shape with 2-inch diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven for 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Unwrap dough and slice 1/2 inch rounds. Bake cookies for about 12 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Featured Image: (Heather’s Bytes)
Image: (Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)