MAKES 60 COOKIES
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup vegan butter
3/4 cup turbinado or granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp egg replacer mixed with 1/4 cup of warm water (you can also use a flax egg-1 tbsp flax seeds and 3 tbsp warm water-let it sit for 5 minutes)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
For added plant protein, you can always add 1 tbsp chia seeds or hemp hearts. Other optional items are peanut butter or almond butter.
If you’re trying to eat healthier, you can also replace the chocolate chips with fruit such as blueberries.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda-mix in the salt and cinnamon.
3. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars together at high speed for about 2 minutes. Add the egg mixture, maple syrup and vanilla and mix at medium speed until smooth.
4. Add flour mixture gradually, mixing until blended. Add the chocolate chips.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Featured Image: (Atiliay)